Play Audition Information: Scan the QR Code for the audition form.
New Student Registration Dates:
Rochester High School new student registration dates are Mon., July 26 - Fri., July 30 from 9 am-3 pm. Appointments will need to be scheduled with your students counselor: Ms. Lisa Andrews, grades 9 & 11; Mrs. Tara Seuferer, grades 8, 10 & 12. Please be sure to bring your students birth certificate, social security card, and proof of residency. You can schedule an appointment via email or call 223-2176.
This Weeks Update:
- Master Time Schedule sent out.
- Master Academic Schedule sent out.
- Graphic Arts position filled (Tanner Fernung) pending board approval.
- Scheduling has begun (8th scheduling completed)
April 30, 2021
- Current 7th and 8th Graders Toured the HS this week.
- Band - Opportunities expanded (looking to add Marching Band to receive PE credit if participate for 2 years, creation of a JAZZ Band course for RHS students.
- Preparing for College and Careers (PCC) and Health courses for 8th graders will be HS credit. Opening up opportunities for other electives as high schoolers.
- Interviews for Graphic Arts position on Thursday this week and more on Tuesday next week. Promising applicants.
- Master Time Schedule Ready to be Discussed at Leadership Team Next week. (Plan to release to staff by Friday next week)
- Master Course Schedule Ready to be Discussed at Leadership Team Next week. (Plan to release to staff and begin scheduling all students)
- ZBN - Creating a CTE video to educate RHS students about our offerings, and the Rochester Community about all the great things happening at RHS. Tristan Wilson and his ZBN crew will be contacting each teacher for an opportunity to spot light their programming.
April 23, 2021
- Tours of RHS for current 7th and 8th graders: April 28th. Mrs. Snyder is working with the 7th and 8th grade teachers.
- 8th Teachers: have selected their rooms from provided options
- Ryan Johnson office is moving to the current conference room
- Master Schedule: is getting really close to being completed: This is always capable of changing due to items out of our control: AS OF 04/23/2021 here is what I know: 8th graders will NOT be traveling to RMS! 9th-12th will NOT be traveling to RMS. 5th, 6th, and 7th graders will NOT bet traveling to RHS. Some students may have to travel to the Learning Center for the Graphic Arts Program.
- Graphic Arts/Design: New program provided by a donation: Scott Kistler and I visited Delphi today to wrap our minds around this. I have created a job description and am searching high and low for the right person to run this program without having to steal from RHS current programs. please see attached job description.
- Specials Teachers: Thank you for your suggestions for your programs: As of now Guidance and I are doing our best to meet these suggestions. I have not had a chance to speak to each special teacher individually. I will share details once I have talked to each of them individually.
- LUNCHES NEXT YEAR: We will have 4 lunches that overlap by 10 minutes. Lauri and I have a plan we are going to finalize with the RHS leadership team. Free time outside area will be outside Zebbie Doors. Looking to install basketball goals by tennis courts, and get several types of tables for seating.
- Planning Ahead: May 13th - Speaker and Mock Prom Scene accident: May affect entire day schedule. Speaker for all of RHS. Accident Scene Juniors and Seniors only.
RCSC Restructioning Frequently Asked Questions
We appreciate your questions and concerns regarding the restructuring of our district.
Q: Will 8th grade be eating lunch with the high school students?
A: No, the 8th grade will have their own lunch period.
Q: Will 8th grade students compete with the JV/Varsity teams?
A: No, the 8th grade students will still compete as middle school students.
Q: Will 8th grade be in the same classes as high school students?
A: 8th grade will have their main classes (math, science, social studies, English) separate from 9-12 graders. They may be in the same elective classes as RHS students, such as band or art, which is consistent with what happens currently with 8th grade and high school students.
Q: Will current 7th and 8th grade students get a chance to visit RHS before the start of next school year?
A: Yes, we will be setting up visits for this years 7th and 8th grade students during the last weeks of April. In addition, the RHS will be open Monday thru Friday, June 1-25 from 8am-11am with students and/or staff members available to provide parents and students tours.
Q: Where will the 8th grade classrooms be?
A: Their main classes will be in the HPER room, tech hallway, and Ag hallway (all close together in the same wing). Their elective classes are dependent on which class they are taking.
Q: Will 8th grade students share restrooms/locker rooms with 9-12 graders?
A: No, the 8th grade wing will have their own restrooms and 8th graders will have PE separate from the 9-12 graders, so they will not be in the locker rooms together.
Parent Faqs During COVID-19
Suicide Prevention Texting Hotline-
Text IN to 741-741
Suicide Prevention Calling Hotline-
Tweets by RochesterZebras